The General Accountant Program at IH Beirut will prepare you for a career in company finance and bookkeeping.
The course is extensive and covers many different areas of the accounting world. In particular you will :
- Learn to manage accounting systems and bookkeeping for small to medium-sized companies.
- Become familiar with Lebanese accounting principles.
The course is flexible, broken down into 6 modules.
- Students can choose to enroll in select modules or the entire program.
- Students who successfully pass the following 6 listed modules are eligible for an
- official General Accountant certificate approved by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education.
|Accounting I||24hrs||$225||$20||Learn the basic concepts of accounting and the accounting cycle; prepare profit and loss sheets, balance sheets, bank reconciliation statements and petty cash books.|
|Accounting II||24hrs||$225||$22||Learn how to control accounts, track errors and prepare a trial balance. Gain skills to manage bad debits and provisions, prepaid and accrued expenses; depreciation of fixed assets, liquidity of a business.|
|Accounting III||24hrs||$225||$22||Acquire a deeper understanding of accounting procedures, incomplete records, work in progress, manufacturing accounts, cash hour statements, social security and VAT.|
|Financial Math||24hrs||$225||This course is designed to clarify time-value-of-money calculations, through management, accounting, information systems, marketing and operations.|
|Law (Labor & Social Security)||24hrs||$200||$10||Labor and NSSF laws enable workers, employers and employees to know their rights and duties regarding employment contracts/holidays/annual, maternity and sick leave/working hours/salary and wages/dismissal/health and safety/work organization/disputes and arbitral council/NSSF branches (indemnities, end of service.)|
|Excel Basic/Intermediate levels||18hrs||$155||$30||See Computer Schedule|
Course length and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
N.B: Students who know the prerequisite mentioned courses need to sit for a challenge exam.
Microsoft Windows and 202 English level
Additional fees apply
- English Placement Test: 10,000L.L.
- Assessment test fee: 12,000L.L.
- Challenge test fee: $23
- Official Certificate Fee: $20